NEWGRANGE, KNOWTH, HILL OF TARA, TRIM CASTLE, SLANE CASTLE AND MORE.
Decide what you can do in a weekend
Some of the options you can choose during a weekend stay with Canola Tours
- Take a tour of the Hill of Tara.
- Visit the holy well- The well of the White Cow at Tara
- Visit Mossie Regans old pub for traditional music sessions
- Or a quiet old local for the best ever pint of Guinness
- Visit to Brú Na Boinne Centre and on to Newgrange and Knowth
- Drive through the countryside to Dowth, an unexcavated Megalithic passage tomb
- Visit the Famine Work House and Graveyard in Dunshaughlin and see the enormous famine soup cauldron
- Take a trip to Slane Hill and Slane Castle, explore the New Whiskey Distillery there
- Rest and relax with friends over an evening meal
- Take a tour of Trim Castle, followed by a walk across the Boyne to visit St Marys Tower once the tallest in Ireland then on to other 12th century ruins dotted along the banks of the beautiful Boyne River
- Take a trip to the picturesque Bective Abbey beautifully situated beside the River Boyne